Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cartoon Camp Day Zero - Off to the races

I'm back in White River Junction, Vermont, for another summer workshop at the Center for Cartoon Studies, and things are already off to a great start.

For one thing, the drive here was almost too easy. I didn't hit any traffic the entire trip. It made me worry a bit -- did the Armageddon start while I wasn't looking? -- but now that I'm here, nobody else seems worried, so I guess the world remains unexploded.

For another, CCS held a nice little reception for this year's workshop participants. Actually, CCS didn't do too much -- just put out some cheese and punch and told us where to be -- but that was enough to get us started. I met several cool people tonight, and I'm already feeling creatively charged for classes tomorrow.

And finally, my hotel room is air conditioned and the bed is comfortable. Not only that, it is calling my name. So I'm going to call it a night and wake up bright and early tomorrow, ready to start a whole week of cartooning.

More updates as the week progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment