Saturday, October 12, 2013

"Before the Beginning" was actually the beginning

Another short story from my archive has been resurrected. This time around I went all the way back to the beginning and resurrected my very first published short story, "Before the Beginning." This caveman horror/fantasy story first saw print way back in 1994. It hasn't been seen since.

But now it's back in an affordable Kindle edition, complete with a new afterword talking about the story's history and putting it into context with my own history. Yes, I wrote a history for a story set during pre-history. How meta of me.

This story doesn't display any of the humor that I started bringing to my work just a few years later, but it does showcase some of the themes that have been present in my writing from day one. I think it's a pretty solid tale and I hope you'll give it a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment