Sunday, November 17, 2013

Dreams of Loss and the Nightmares of Discovery

We never forget our first loves. Sometimes they haunt our dreams. Sometimes those dreams become nightmares.

That's "Dream Girl" in a nutshell. This short story -- originally published in the anthology Dark Territories -- is now available again for Kindle. As with all of these resurrected short stories, I have added a new essay about the tale.

"Dream Girl" is kind of a hard story to nail down. It's definitely not horror, although it harkens back to the best of my horror stories. It qualifies as crime or mystery, although it isn't really all that mysterious. It's about love, but it's certainly not a romance. Whatever it is, I think it's one of my better tales. I hope you'll check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment