Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Movies I can watch over and over and over again

Like most of us (I assume) there are a few movies that I get sucked into watching every time I come across them on TV. They might not necessarily be the best movies in the world, but they do the trick for me.

1. The Fugitive. Holy crap, I must have watched this move 527 times. "I didn't kill my wife." "I don't care!" Gets me every time!

2. Hellboy. The second film is superior in some ways, but the first one grabs me every time I see it. Unrequited love, father issues, painful destinies, big guns and bigger monsters. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

3. The Quick and the Dead. Oh baby, Sam Raimi at his finest. Sharon Stone at her all-too-rare best. Gene Hackman at his sleaziest and edgiest. Bang, bang, bang. (The only downside to this flick is that Lance Henriksen dies too early. Alas.)

4. Trading Places. A near-perfect comedy, except for the really awful gorilla suits. I think I saw those same suits in a Bowery Boys movie from the 1930s. Painful.

5. Anchorman. The jazz flute. The news team rumble. "I killed a man with a trident." Musk. A comedy that stays classy all the way through. And yes, I still quote that line and you can't stop me. I'm already in line for the sequel.

What about you? What movies keep you coming back over and over again?

No comments:

Post a Comment