Thursday, February 7, 2013

Back in the editorial saddle

I'm happy to announce that editors Rod Heather and Sean O'Leary have asked me to come on board with the recently relaunched Lore, a quarterly anthology of weird fiction.

Rod and Sean and Lore and I go way back. Lore got its starts a small-press magazine around the same time that I was editing my own White Knuckles magazine, back in the mid-to-late Nineties. I think we each ran the same number of issues over roughly the same amount of time. Lore always had a unique identity and published truly quality fiction and many of the tales that appeared in its pages remain some of my all-time favorites.

As these things go, Lore's original shelf life came and went. But you can't keep a good horror publication down: they often find a way to come shambling back.

The new Lore -- which already has two anthologies under its belt, plus a "greatest hits" collection from the magazine days -- is a great mix of horror, SF and fantasy. I'm helping to read stories for the third edition right now. It's already a blast.

More as things progress. In the meantime, check out the site for submission guidelines and ordering information.

No comments:

Post a Comment